Five Simple Things that Make You Happy
I proclaim today gratitude day. What five simple things make you happy? Here’s my list, both the profound and the not-so-profound:
1. Discovering someone else has unloaded the dishwasher.
2. My computer and car both start up without a hitch.
3. Swinging on a swing.
4. A long, heartfelt phone call from a treasured friend.
5. Waking up in the morning and realizing I’ve been given another brand new squeaky clean day to fill!
I’m off to find a swing somewhere…
What’s your list of five?
1. A full tank of gas.
2. An empty sink.
3. A made bed.
4. When everyone in my house wakes up in a good mood.
5. An empty laundry basket.
1 – My mom’s tuna curry. It just tastes better when she makes it.
2 – The squeal my nephew makes when he doesn’t know I’m coming for a visit and he sees me.
3 – Going to sleep and waking up with my soulmate.
4 – A dog with a wagging tail.
5 – Macy’s, even if I don’t buy anything.
1. Drinking a peppermint hot chocolate while browsing Chapters
2. My cat meeting me at the door with a greeting.
3. Sleeping in.
4. A long drive on a warm summer evening.
5. Live music, of any sort.
1.Watching my one year old Canadian neighbor pick up her plate and lick garlic dip off it when she comes to mine for lunch. I need to know there is still reckless abandon alive.
2.The sound of my mom. my kids, my best galpals calling me unexpectly and laughing like we are siting side by side
3.Connecting with my Canadian musician friends when they come to play in Ireland and they do a shout out from the stage in front of everyone to make sure that I am there:}
4. That people still connect me with my writiing and can recite small passages from some of my pieces. I may forget myself at times but they don’t.
5.That loves lives at my address. I know it and feel it and live it.
1. Curling up with a good book and being transported to other times, other places, and captivating people.
2. Watching my kitten, soon-to-be cat, Fanny: her tantrums, her spunk, her fascination and enthusiasm for life.
3. Getting a heart-warming call from my daughter and feeling that even though she’s an adult, she still needs me.
4. Listening to my grandson sing.
5. Drinking peppermint tea.
1. A letter from my baby boy who is at boot camp/Advanced Training.
2. A nice cup of Irish tea.
3. Reconnecting with old friends on-line or going out to lunch with a friend.
4. A hug.
5. Sleeping in.
1) Drinking a wonderful cup of coffee!
2) Knowing that I took care of a patient while I am at work.
3) Getting to spend the day with my 3yr old niece!
4) Reading any type of book!!
5) My husband walking through the door from work!!!
just reading these makes me happy!
1. The laughter of my children.
2. A hot cup of delicious coffee.
3. Reading a great book.
4. Browsing at the library or bookstore by myself.
5. Waking up to find a note on the kitchen table from my husband that my cookies are “Mmm mmm good”.
The smile of my husband of 55 years
A visit from any family member
A walk on the beach
Knowing that I can sleep late if I want to.
Having lots of books that I want to read
1. A call or visit from my girls.
2. Being able to help someone (an unexpected opportunity) and moving on it – what a wonderful feeling!
3. Relaxing with a hot cup of coffee when I turn on the computer for the first time in the morning.
5. Searching for shells on the beach.
Bedtime with husband & doggie by my side with kisses
Talking to mom on the phone
Reading a Diane Chamberlain novel with Starbucks in hand
Practicing Yoga & Swimming
Painting & Drawing whatever I feel like
(I have to add 1 more…picking up seashells on the beach!!)
1. Spending time with my grandson:)
2. Receiving a call from my son or daughter:)
3. Getting together with family & friends:)
4. Looking at photos of family & friiends:)
5. Hearing the sound of my husband’s voice when he calls to hear mine:)
Diane, I have just had my first dishwasher (table top) and am so happy with it loading and unloading it would probably make my list right now!
A bit late but I couldn’t resist answering
1. Curling up with a good book
2. My dog’s excitement at greeting me at the door / finding me in the morning when I wake up
3. Receiving a letter in the post (as long as it isn’t a bill or anything)
4. Seeing my grandparents
5. Hearing the first cries of a newborn baby (I may hate working labour ward but hearing that first cry is magical – hopefully I’ll eventually get to see an actual birth)
It’s never too late on Diane’s blog:) Love #5, Katrina, great answer!!!