This may be my new favorite quick and easy way to prepare pork chops! I “pinched” the recipe from Just a Pinch and contributor Janet Crow. Yum!
Parmesan Baked Pork Chops
– 4 boneless pork chops, 1/2 thick (mine were those amazing Costco 1″ thick chops and they worked just fine.
- 1 T olive oil
– 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (since I was making only 2 chops, I halved the cheese and bread crumbs and didn’t even need that much)
– 1 cup Italian flavored bread crumbs
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
– Combine the last 4 ingredients on a plate.
– Rub the chops with olive oil and then dip (coat) each one in the mixture. (my note: You could dip in egg if you prefer, but this worked really well). Make sure the chops are well coated.
– Line a pan with tin foil and spray with cooking spray. (I was out of foil, so I just gave my pan a swipe with olive oil. Cleaned up easily later).
– Place the chops in the pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. (I’d check them at 35. I cook chops to no more than 145 degrees so they’re still juicy and tender but the cooties are killed. My 1-inch chops only took 40 minutes. They were not terribly brown though–see the picture–so I gave them a zap under the broiler. Still not very brown. Janet’s were beautifully brown. Check out the picture on the Just Pinched site. What do you think made the difference?)